Home Buyer Information
What to do and not to do
While your mortgage is being approved.
- DO NOTdeposit any funds into your checking account without making a copy.
- All deposits will need to be documented as to the soure
- DO NOT move money around from account to account
- DO NOT go out car shopping, furniture shopping, or any other shopping that would run up credit cards
- DO NOT pay off debts until instructed to do so
- DO NOT change jobs, if at all possible
- DO NOT go on vacation or out of town, if at all possible
- DO NOT accept any cash gifts from family members (Borrowers - check with your Loan Officer first)
- DO NOT sell any personal items (Borrowers - check with your Loan Officer first)
- DO NOT take any cash advances on your credit cards or open new credit accounts
- DO save all paystubs, all bank statements and all quarterly investment or retirement statements
- DO continue to make all your payments on time (this includes mortgage payments even if the borrower is refinancing)
- DO ask questions regarding the loan process, programs, and fees; and be patient with your Loan Officer. He or she is trying his/ her best to help you to get through the process as quickly and as painless as possible.
For more tips and a Buyer Consultation - Call me!