Karen Greenwood named 2018 Michigan Realtors Realtor® of the Year
As a prominent figure in the Metro Detroit real estate market Karen Greenwood has utilized her extensive experience and true passion for the industry to become a top producer for several years running. As a full-time Realtor with Coldwell Banker Weir Manuel, since 2000, Karen attributes her continued success to building relationships, both with clients and other Real Estate professionals. Karen considers education – both clients and other real estate professionals – an important part of her role as a REALTOR®.
As a successful full-time Realtor for more than 20 years representing over 1,100 clients, I have learned the importance of communication. Buying or selling a home is stressful and my passion is to pay attention to every detail and make it a breeze for my clients. From the first time meeting a new client, during the entire real estate process, and for as long as they need, I'm always available and there for my clients.
Named Michigan Realtor of the Year in 2018 and being the No. 1 agent for my firm in 2019, I've had great success working with both Buyers and Sellers. I love negotiating the best deals for all property types: single family homes, waterfront properties, multi-families, land & condos. Whether you're a first-time home buyer or a seasoned homeowner, my experience and expertise make me an ideal choice for your real estate needs.
I pride myself in my service and dedication to my clients. Once you decide to choose me as your Realtor and we begin working together, you'll know you made the right choice. My knowledge and experience can guide you through the real estate process and help you with all of the details before, during and after the sale. The majority of my clients continue working with me for all of their future real estate needs, even after they've left the closing table. Real and reliable services are the reason my clients continue to work with me, year after year.
I look forward to helping you open the door to your new home!
· 2019 Top Producing Agent for Coldwell Banker Weir Manual
· 2018 Michigan Realtor® of the Year
· 2017 Greater Metropolitan Association of REALTORS® President
· International Diamond Society-2005 - 2016 Top 11% of all Sales Associates In US
· 1st Graduating class of 2016 for the Michigan Realtors Leadership Academy
· Hour Magazine Real Estate All Star Award. Top 5% of all Sales Associates in Oakland County
· 2016 Women's Council of Realtors - Realtor of the Year for the Birmingham Bloomfield Chapter
· President's Top Thirty 2006 – 2020 Presidents Circle Award
Additional Leadership Positions
· Board of Directors for Greater Metropolitan Association of Realtors® (GMAR) 2014-2018
· Immediate past president GMAR 2018
· President – Elect for GMAR 2016
· Treasurer for GMAR 2015
· Placing making grant and Scholarship committee, 2017-2018
· Executive Committee, GMAR 2015-2018
· Coldwell Banker Weir Manuel Continuous Improvement group, Birmingham Office 2013/14
· RPAC committee 2011-2018 GMAR
· Various Executive board positions for WCR Birmingham Bloomfield from 2006-2013
· Chair – Programming and Education WCR Birmingham Bloomfield 2010-2012
· Elected to the Nominating Committee – WCR Michigan State 2012- 2013
· Troy Community Foundation Board Member 2020-present
· Oakland County Habitat for Humanity Women’s build Steering Committee, 2017-2018
· Stage Nature Center –Elected Director 2016
· Stage Nature Center – Wine Fundraising chair 2015-2017, Committee 2018
· Northfield Hills Homeowner Association Santa Breakfast Chair 2003-2012
· Veterans of Foreign War – Lifetime Women’s auxiliary – Volunteer
· Gleaners Food Bank of Southeast Michigan – Volunteer
Memberships and Associations:
· National Association of Realtors®
· Michigan Realtors®
· Greater Metropolitan Association of Realtors®
· Woman’s Council of Realtors®
· Realtor Political Action Committee Major Investor
· Appointed by Governor Snyder to the Board Real Estate Salespersons 2015-2021
· Appointed to the Michigan Realtors® Conference Committee 2015 co-chair
· Appointed to the Michigan Realtors® Conference Committee 2013/14
· Appointed to the Michigan Realtors® Finance committee 2016 -2018
· Appointed to the Michigan Realtors® Public Policy – 2017-2018
· Appointed to the Grievance Committee 2012-2014, Greater Metropolitan Association of Realtors® (GMAR)
· Appointed to the Finance Committee 2015-2018, GMAR
· GMAR - Realtor Political Action Committee 2013-2018
· Chair / Co-Chair GMAR - Realtor Political Action Committee 2013-2014
· Candidate Interview Review Panel, 2014-2018 GMAR
· Coldwell Banker National – Advisory Agent Panel
Extremely timely, friendly, and professional! Karen was always available at every turn of the process and assisted us in getting exactly what we wanted!
We listed our house with Karen on March 5th, it was sold and closed on April 10th. Absolutely amazing and I have to admit one of the easiest processes ever (even during this pandemic) she kept us calm and everything worked out great!!! Thank you very much!
I can't say enough about Karen and her team. She not only knows the market, she is a keen negotiator. Finding an interested party is just the tip of the process. Karen helped with making suggestions to show the house better and where to not waste money trying to impress. She knows people to help with everything from contractors to insurance agents. She and her team make the process seem very simple. It's not till after the closing that you see how much goes into selling a house.